Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My Stupid Little Garden

I was really excited when Spring came. I finally had a place to garden! I planted everything you can think of, squash, zucchini, tomatoes, peppers, pumpkins... All in my little tiny front yard. When I first planted everything I was so excited. I was outside picking weeds and watering them every second. About a month later, my dad called me and told me that he had tons of tomatoes sprouting everywhere. I was a little bit discouraged because I had spent SO much time on my stupid little garden and had gotten nothing. I told him, "I guess I need to take a gardening class." He said, "It doesn't matter how much you know. When you don't care about what you're planting, they grow like WEEDS! And when you do care, it seems like you get nothing out of it!"


Well, I think he was right... or maybe I just need to be a little more patient. I stopped trying to watch them grow and finally got something out of it!

I guess that means FRESH SALSA on the menu tonight! YUM!!!




3 comments:

  1. I am jealous of your garden and your salsa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. salsa sounds sooo good right now!

    i would love to go into gardening.

    the only thing i ever planted was a apple seed. when i was like four. i guess i thought it would sprout into a tree or something.

    maybe when we move back i can try your salsa!

    ReplyDelete